i don't remember exactly how i got there, i had been running from something i think, it was dark, and everything was nighttime shades of dusky blues. i came to a messy place, an abandoned home, a kitchen, and noticed bright orange and yellow blanket flowers growing from among the waterfall of dirty dishes on the stove and in the oven. I tried cleaning things up to get the flowers out of the oven and was covered with ants on my arms and no matter how i tried to kill them their partial bodies kept wriggling and climbing up over my wrists to my elbows....
i gave up and started running.... running looking for home and eventually got out of the darkness into brighter avenues with sunshine and green trees. i was disoriented and not sure what direction to take so i took a chance and finally saw a familiar brick building up on a hill and i knew i had found my home. i ran in calling for my mom anxious and concerned she was already gone but she was upstairs in her bedroom and called down to me she had just been napping. i ran to the foot of the stair and saw her walk from the bedroom into the bathroom with a small round cake on a plate. it had a candle on it the flame flickered in the air and i was afraid it would go out as she walked. she said not all of the messages were for me. i was just so relieved to be there.